Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2023
On behalf of the planning committee, you are invited to propose a session for the 2023 Great Lakes Sea Grant Network Meeting September 18–21, in Evanston, IL. This meeting will be an opportunity to explore current and emerging issues in the Great Lakes and Lake Champlain, exchange ideas within the Network, build connections, and contribute to the professional development of Sea Grant staff.
Please note that the meeting will be in-person.
What types of sessions?
We welcome three types of sessions: topical, professional development, and meetings.
- Topical—focusing on priority topics in the Great Lakes-Lake Champlain basins.
- Professional development—providing relevant and impactful content that will equip staff with valuable career skills.
- Small Meetings/Group Discussions—affording small group discussions and/or working meetings for informal or formal communities of practice (e.g., fisheries, marine debris), project teams (e.g., GLAC, CGLL) or functional groups (e.g., communicators, Extension program leaders, research coordinators).
Sessions that incorporate the Meeting theme of “Great Lakes for All” would be particularly welcome.
Session chair responsibilities
Proposers of accepted sessions will serve as session chairs. The chair’s primary responsibilities are reaching out to colleagues who are topic experts to secure their commitment to participate, scheduling presenters, submitting an abstract for inclusion in the Meeting program, and moderating on the day of the session. Co-session chairs are welcome.
Sessions can range in length from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Session format (e.g., lightning talks, panel discussion, traditional 15-minute talks) are at the discretion of the session chair(s). All session chairs will be notified in April about session acceptance and be given further instructions.
Use the links below for your submission(s). Please use a different form for each submission. All submissions must be made online.
- Topical: https://bit.ly/GLSGN23-topical-call
- Professional Development: https://bit.ly/GLSGN23-professional-development-call
- Small Meetings: https://bit.ly/GLSGN23-meeting-small-group
Contact the 2023 Meeting chair: email@example.com
We look forward to your submissions!