We are striving to reduce the waste generated by this year’s GLSGN meeting. For example, we have planned with the hotel and meeting venue to ensure that dishes and flatware used for breakfast and breaks will be reusable and selected conference souvenirs will be consumable.
We need your help in implementing additional actions:
Before you leave home
- Please download the conference program on your mobile device. We will not have paper copies available, but we will have schedules posted around the event to help you know where to go and when.
- Pack your nametag—we will be printing name badges only on an as needed basis.
- Pack your own water bottle, and ideally your own coffee/tea container.
During the conference
- Refuse straws at area restaurants and bars.
- Recycle as much paper and plastic as possible in the hotel and meeting venue recycling bins.
- Participate in the hotel’s A Greener Stay program, which allows members staying for two nights or more the option to forgo all daily housekeeping services and receive 500 IHG One Rewards bonus points for each night of their stay.
- Take advantage of the cloud for document sharing.